About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Heaven is For Real

My latest book from booksneeze.com. It literally took me less than 2 hours to read from cover to cover. (Which is why I am blowing my 'one blog per day' rule to post this one.)

This book is the story of a pastor and his family. More specifically, a pastor and his son. When his son was just shy of 4 years old, he had an emergency appendectomy. During his time under anesthesia, little Colton has a visit with God. Through conversations with Colton, his parents, and now us, learn more and more about Heaven, faith, and where we go when we die.

Even though it is in no way a definitive answer to what we will see when we get to Heaven, it is the incredible story of a little boy's glimpse into the hereafter. Many books have been written by people claiming to have visited the afterlife, but the matter-of-fact and straightforward way that a small, innocent child sees Heaven is something to marvel at.

As someone who has experienced the loss of a loved one, seen the effects of debilitating, scary diseases, and has been witness to what a miscarriage can do to a woman and a family, I will definitely be passing this book around for all my friends and family to read.

In the two hours it took me to read this story, I cried, I laughed, I prayed, and I wondered. I hope other people get the same emotions reading this book that I did.

No comments: