About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weak Women

Growing up, I was surrounded by strong women. Strong in the Lord and strong willed, if not strong in body. Now that I know a few weak women, there are times when I feel myself being pulled into their lifestyle of depression, anger, and self pity.

I thought I was strong.

But I am only strong with God at my side. That's why the women I grew up with seemed so capable. They had God, right there with them. As I grew up, and left the 'rock' that I was under, I started learning that not everyone has the faith that I do. The faith that my Mom had, and that my sisters have. Mom and Dad made sure to surround themselves with wonderful, God-fearing, faith filled people. People that I grew up around. And people that I rebelled against. I was shaken for a bit. I doubted my faith for a season or two, but even though there was doubt, it was the size of a flea compared to my faith, and it was very easy for me to fall back into His arms.

It makes me sad, to see women-or men-who's faith is the size of a flea, with doubt filling their hearts. People who's lives could be so much better if they just let go of that doubt and restraint and just give it all to God. Life is hard. For everyone, believers or unbelievers, life can really throw you some lemons. And yes, you can make lemonade. But how sweet is your lemonade going to be? Will you be able to swallow it with a smile or a grimace?  You can squeeze as much juice out of those lemons as possible, but it's not going to taste good until you add sugar to it. My faith is my sugar.

I will never be a weak woman. Not with my Heavenly Father at my side. No matter how much someone tries to bring me down, no matter how many times my emotions are forced down, stepped on, or beaten up, I will get up. I will stand up tall and strong, and I will share my lemonade with the One who made the lemons and gives me the sugar.

No comments: