About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

I try to stay away from the scary and morbid costumes, but this year Emma decided she wanted to be a witch, and Robbie wanted to be a wizard. So I got some fabric and made a couple of robes. Emma's has pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns on it. Robbie's has stars and shooting stars on his. They each got a hat, and Mike is making Emma an 'authentic' broom. Rob has a wand, too.

I have kind of outgrown the costume thing, and I will never own or wear a seasonal t-shirt. Usually, I grab my big cape with the hood and wear a black dress. Call me what you want. I want to go as Pippy Longstocking this year, but I don't have my striped tights anymore. I may make myself a couple of cat ears...

Whatever we do, we have to make sure to dress warm. Which was not really a big deal when I was growing up in Phoenix. Now that we live somewhere where it freezes at night in October, my daughter cannot be a fairy without wearing long sleeves and pants underneath her skirt, and usually gloves and a hat...

Since their costumes this year consist of robes and hats, they can wear whatever they want underneath, be warm, and still look like what they are supposed to.

I think I decided to go ahead and make those cat ears for myself. So I am off to make them...

No comments: