About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Early Christmas Present

My newest book from booksneeze.com is a children's Bible. More specifically, an International Children's Bible. This version has computer graphic illustrations, a dictionary and index, and maps.

Now, I can't read the whole thing. Well, I could, it would just take me a while. So I decided to pick one of my favorite stories to read and to scan through the other pages. I chose to read Esther. This version of the Bible is written for children ages 6-12. It is very easy to read, easy to understand. The end notes at the bottom are not numbered, as not to confuse the kids, but they are labeled to find them easily.

The illustrations and maps are modern, with computer graphic images of famous people and events in the Bible. The maps are brightly colored, and simple enough for children to understand and read. I am going to give this Bible to my son for Christmas, so I can't show it to him, but I am sure he will enjoy it. I will definitely be recommending this Bible to other parents.

No comments: