About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Dry As Rain

Somehow, in the midst of everything. I have found the time to read a couple of books. Now, I just have to find the time to write my reviews. I have a few minutes now, so here goes.

Dry As Rain is written by Gina Holmes, and it tells the story of a couple in trouble. Gina's storytelling is refreshing and real, her style of writing leads the reader to visualize the scenes, and even be a part of them.

The story is one we've all heard before. Every day, couples make bad decisions, wrong choices, and lose the ones they love. Eric, the husband, realizes what he did was wrong, and tries to repair the damage. Before he gets a chance to, however, Kyra is in a horrible car accident and loses her memory. She thinks they are still happily married, and does not remember that their relationship is in jeopardy.

Eric is torn, does he let her regain her memory naturally and pretend they are happy, or does he tell her the truth and lose her again? I'll let you read the rest of the story so you can find out how it unfolds. The ending is not what I had expected, but it's perfect for the book. Ms. Holmes makes the story interesting by throwing a couple of unexpected people and events into the mix, but they blend nicely.

At the end of the book, Ms. Holmes includes some discussion questions--good for a book club, or an individual reader. They sure do bring insight and understanding to much of the book, and the reader's personal life.

I will definitely give this book 5 out of 5 stars, and would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good novel to read.

No comments: