About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Friday, May 18, 2012

The End of the Road

It's official. I graduate tomorrow.

Since January 2009, I have been hitting the books. Thanks to the "village", I have been able to work, go to school, and support my husband and my children. I posted a thank you on Facebook the other day, but it doesn't feel like enough. Words cannot express how I feel about everyone who has helped me make it through these years.

When Emma was a baby, I tried to attend Glendale Community College. I took one class and never went back. So finally finishing, even though it's 'only' an Associates Degree, is a big weight off of my shoulders.

Since my internship last January, I have been working at the Pet Food Warehouse. I plan on staying on with them. I've already told my boss that the only job I would ever consider leaving them for would be at the local wood pellet plant. Ever since Huttig, I love the smell of fresh cut wood.

One of the reasons I went back to school is because no one would hire a stay at home mom who hadn't worked for over two years. Now that I have a job, I'm set!

I will keep up the blog, as much as I can, since I still review for a couple of publishers.I suppose this has moved from "Mom in School" to "Mom in the Workforce".

Tomorrow, I will cross a stage, with other students, in front of *almost* everyone who's important to me. I wish everyone could be there; just remember that many of you played a part in my accomplishment. And come over to my house for a great BBQ meal.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your graduation! I like your blog and just started following. Maybe you can come check out mines and follow back as well?

www.thebeautybar77.blogspot.com