About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Time for a Fresh Start

With school, the kids, and life, priorities get shifted, and while I love to blog, home and happiness comes first. Unfortunately, this means my online life can be put on the back burner for a while.

So, I know the last time I blogged was back in March, and I need to get some things off my chest.

Since then, I have finished my first semester of school, started my second semester, and finished my second semester. I start my third semester in 2 weeks. Right now, I am holding on to a 4.0!! Yeah!! Hopefully I can keep it up!

Back in August, my sister moved, and we found some of my Mom's knitting and crocheting things. Since I am the only one in my family interested in that kind of thing, I got them all. So, I searched How to Knit and How to Crochet online, and taught myself to knit. I am still trying to get the hang of crochet. Many people that I have talked to have said that crochet is easier, but I disagree. So far I have made hats for both the kids, a scarf for Emma, and I am working on a ducky toy, a tooth fairy pillow for Emma, and I am trying to work up the nerve to start on a pair of socks. I joined Ravelry, and a few knitting groups on Facebook and Cafemom.

When I went back to school, my photography teacher surprised me with an enlarger, camera, and some darkroom equipment that he found over the summer. I reimbursed him, of course, but it was really cool that he thought of me when he found them. Now, I have my own darkroom. Well, I have a master bathroom that I can make into a darkroom when I need to. I also have most of the equipment I need-enough that I finished most of my assignments at home over the semester.

I also took another keyboarding class, and am planning to blog often so that I can keep working on my typing skills.

We moved, since my last post, got a horse, and have had some changes in our dog family.

Well, I think that is it for now, and I promise that I will be on here more, and I might even post some pics every now and then.

No comments: