About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Government work and Picture Taking

Don't know if I mentioned the fact that I was hired on to work the census. I went to the training for 4 days, and was thrown out into the world to fend for myself. They had told us that it was going to be at least 3 weeks of work. Well, I worked for 2 days. TWO DAYS!! So much for this wonderful pay check I thought was coming. Our "Assigned Area" (AA) took 12 people 6 days to complete. So here I am thinking that I am done, blessing/curse, and then I get a call. They want me to work in another AA. Good. More work means more money, and this AA is closer to home anyways. Good for me!!

I have yet to start my work for my photography classes. I finally got my color paper, but it came in 200+ foot rolls, and I need to get to school so I can spend 4 hours cutting it into manageable sheets of paper. I have taken 2 rolls of film though. For my advanced photography class, I have decided to do a study on hands. Working hands, idle hands, playing hands, etc. Should be interesting. Got pictures of the drive through worker at McD's, the kids, my husband, my MIL, my preacher, and his wife-the pianist. I want to take as many as I possibly can, though, so I still have another roll to go.

No comments: