About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The start of another semester

School starts today. For me, I mean. The kids started last week. My actual classes don't start until Monday, but my internet class has started today. Have I mentioned before that I dislike internet courses? I really like having an instructor there face to face. I struggled with my last class. Unfortunately, this required class is only available via internet. I could have chosen a different class to take--this being a 'pick a 3 credit course from Arts & Humanities'--but I have roots in theater, and decided to get back into it. Except Intro to Theater is not the same intro as in high school.
This is more of a History of Theater. Which is not what I expected, but it sounds fun. So, I will try the internet class one more time. Who knows, it may grow on me.
I am also taking business math. Let me tell you how much that terrifies me. I am no good at math. AND I am so worried about losing my 4.0 over this stupid course, that as soon as I got my book, I started working on the exercises. The first chapter is basic addition and subtraction, and I'm already having problems with it. Of course, the problems I am struggling with use millions and billions, but it's still sad that I am having such a hard time. 
After school starts, girl scouts starts again. Emma is bridging to Brownies this weekend. I still have my uniform, so she's going to wear it. She's also going to have a new sash with some of my old patches on it. I decided to recycle and save some money. Although it didn't really matter, I had $10 worth of gift certificates for the girl scout shop. Instead of patches, however, I decided to buy her a cute pair of leggings that she can wear under some of her skirts.
The kids are outside playing right now, having gotten ready for school 40 minutes early. I think I'm going to go throw some balls with them.

No comments: