About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

I am not a dieter...

...so when I picked this book, Let's Do Lunch, from booksneeze.com, I was not at all sure what to expect.

Since I have never read a book like this before, I'm not sure what is "typical" for a diet/weight loss book. But if this is what they are all like, I will probably never read another one again. The introduction and first chapter read like a brochure. These chapters were all about why you should follow this plan and how wonderful it was, with a few success stories thrown in to butter you up. These success stories follow you throughout the entire book.

As a notoriously picky eater (just ask my family) the promises on the cover of this book  ("Eating all the CALORIES and CARBS you want to lose weight!" and "...common foods that are already in your house into your body in a way that causes it to shed its unwanted baggage.") looked good to me. Except, Mr. Wilson speaks of throwing food away. Food that was "already in his house." Another thing that bothered me was the authors stress that this was not a fruit diet. More appropriately, this is not a "fruit-only" diet. In the third paragraph of chapter 3, Mr. Wilson tells us, "You need to eat as much fresh fruit--especially the sweetest fruits--as you can possibly tolerate putting into your body each and every day..." Sounds like a fruit diet to me.

With any diet book, there will be some that the program works for, and some that it doesn't. I guess this is one book that will not work for me. I am sure there are others out there that it will work for, however. So I cannot say that I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone, just that I will stress the differences each individual has before telling someone to read it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

please follow my blog. thanks.