About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Latest Musings

I seem to have hit a wall full of writer's block. It may have something to do with my super busy schedule, which has been put on hold this week by a sick little boy. Stomach bugs are not good. But I have been having a hard time writing lately.

It's getting easier for  me to review a book, then it is to write about my life. Don't get me wrong, I love reviewing the books, and my church's library has grown since I signed up with booksneeze. Free books are always good. But my writings are becoming less and less personal.

My desire to learn is unstoppable, though. Since starting school, I have taught myself to knit and crochet, and my next adventure into self-teaching is music. I want to be able to read music. All my books from booksneeze are doing a wonderful job of teaching me more about God, Jesus, and Christianity. My internship has taught me the basics of a cash register, something I would not have been able to navigate around 2 months ago.

Along with all of these things, I find school and work breaking me out of my shell. My shyness is still there, but having to greet customers at the store, and talk to fellow classmates, I find it easier to speak up. Which is great. Hopefully it will help me overcome my aversion to conflict, as well.

No comments: