About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Less than a Month

There is less than a month left of school, and I am at that point where I get overwhelmed EVERY semester. What I really want to do right now is to curl up with a good book and zone out, but alas, I have homework that needs to be turned in. So I procrastinate by talking to you, of course. Actually, I think I am going to go for a run.

Be right back...

I love how a run can energize you. Since I don't drink coffee, I think I need to do that more often.

OK, time to get this over with so I can get back to English 109. It doesn't help that I have a lot of things on my plate right now. Easter is over, which removes the weight that the Elk's Lodge egg hunt and the Easter play at church put on my shoulders. I have completed my proofreading class, and I am one test and two assignments away from completing my math class. I am going to be cutting it close with my English assignments, but I will pull through. Photography is almost done, as well. Just a couple more nights in the darkroom, and my portfolio will be complete.

I have so many thoughts running through my brain that I feel like the starting line at a marathon. I was considering taking a summer course (I only have 25 more credits left before I'm done) but I am going to use the next few months to do the things I have been neglecting. Knitting, sewing, and crochet projects that are waiting to be done, housework that keeps getting put off, and book reading that I am dying to do.

But wait. I have surgery coming up. (Nothing serious, just a kidney stone.) Houses to clean. (Get's me gas money for my little car.) Girl Scout events to participate in. (Those I am looking forward to!)

The kids have church camp the beginning of June. They're already remembering last year and all the fun they had. I am very blessed to be able to give them that experience. I'm sure we will be having a VBS as well. While they are learning about God, I will be with the other girl scouts at our sleepover--I gave Emma the choice, and she picked church camp. Rob's birthday is at the end of June. He either wants to go bowling or go to the pool, he can't decide. Four days before that, I will be 'celebrating' (I use that term loosely) the 3 year anniversary of my Mom's journey to heaven.

July looks promising, however. The 4th is the only event in my calendar at the moment. There will be a girl scout event at some point, but we haven't decided on that yet.

August begins another school year. My hope is to get enough girls in the White Mountain Lakes area to start our own troop out there. There are a lot of families who aren't involved in that sort of thing simply because of where we live. I need at least 4 more girls (5 for a troop, counting Emma) to get us started out there.

So. Twenty-five credits left, then I will have an AA in Applied Sciences, Administrative Information Services. Let's hope financial aid holds out one more year, and then I'll be done.

Enough whining. Time for homework. I'll have a couple new reviews coming out soon, too.

No comments: