About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Couples Who Pray

Time for my latest installment of booksneeze.com review. My new book is called Couples Who Pray, written by Squire Rushnell and Louise DuArt.

This dynamic duo travels the country, sharing their stories and the stories of many other couples. Many of these stories are in the book, which is divided into three sections. The first two chapters are devoted to the benefits of intimate prayer, the third, fourth, and fifth chapters give detail to taking the challenge, and the last 5 cover different factors that cmay come into play when completeing the challenge.

What is the challenge? Forty days of intimate prayer between spouses. Taking five minutes a day to pray with each other. Of course, the idea is that after 40 days, you just keep going. As the back cover claims, "WARNING: This book will change your marriage!" Please note, for the purposes of this blog, I am just reviewing the book, not the challenge itself.

The personal stories are enlightening and give a real world insight to the solutions that help repair many a marriage.The questionnaires at the back of the book, which are available online, are a tool that each person uses to gauge the change brought about by the challenge. The second appendix is a list of bible verses that apply to different situations couples face.

Overall, I give this book a 4 out of 5. It has definitely convinced us that daily prayer as a couple is important.  

No comments: