About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Departures

I got this book from WaterBrook Multnomah, free for posting a review.

This is actually two stories in one, "Now Boarding at Gate 10" and "In the Event of a Water Landing".

Both novellas take place during a summer. One girl heads to her hometown with her family for a reunion, and the other girl takes a trip with friends to a summer home.

During their trips, the girls learn a thing or two about themselves, their friends, relationships, and God.

The stories are mostly geared to the teen/young adult readers, and apparently both girls have starred in numerous books written by the author. What I like about this one is that it is not imperative that you read the entire series before reading this book. The author made this book stand alone on it's own.

The lessons that each girl learns are important ones for any pre-teen or teenager to learn. I would definitely recommend this book to other young girls. Overall I give it a 5 out of 5.

No comments: