About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stained Glass Hearts

The good people at Thomas Nelson have sent me a new book, Stained Glass Hearts, written by Patsy Clairmont. Mrs. Clairmont is not only a best selling author, but she also speaks at Women of Faith conferences.


This book is written for creative and artistic people. Every different type of media is covered, from music to poetry to priceless works of art. At the end of each chapter is a section called the Art Gallery, which features different media that corresponds with the message just given.  As with many of the books I review, be prepared to have Google up and waiting. While her descriptions are accurate, you cannot fully comprehend the beauty of Mother and Child without seeing it for yourself. And the music she recommends definitely should be heard.


Patsy's style of writing is colorful, funny, and unapologetic. It doesn't seem as if she hides anything from you. Many of her comments mirror my own thoughts and feelings. It's as if she's read my heart. Well, if she hasn't, than my Heavenly Father sure has.

I would give this book a 5 out of 5 stars. And I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for inspiration.  

No comments: