About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Summer Over

August 9th marks the last day of the summer 2011 season. On one hand, I am relieved, but on the other I want it to go on forever. My kids are growing up--I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet. The stress of my school year is already getting to me, and I still have 2 weeks. OR, you could say I only have two weeks. Books to buy, classes to prepare for, kids to take care of, houses to clean. The list goes on and on.

Despite it all, I look forward to the final reward. Having that silly little piece of paper means so much to me, I don't think I can stand it. Right now, I am not even sure what classes I am taking this semester, I just know there is going to be a lot of them.

For sure, I am taking experimental photography. And I know that I am going to experiment with fiber paper and paints. We'll see what happens.

I wanted to get my darkroom out, there's a few contests and things going on in the next month, and I wanted to turn in some of my work. The problem I am having now is buying the matte board that I need in order to present my pictures well. That stuff is expensive.

Ok, I really need to go research textbook prices now, and I have to get everything ready for the kids' first day of school. **sigh**

No comments: