About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

The day I received my new book from booksneeze, I received a couple of others that I had ordered. I faced a serious dilemma--read the new book and review it, read a book by my favorite author, or read a book that I love but never got to own (until now.) I tried to multitask, but with school, girl scouts, census stuff, crochet stuff, and everything else books got kind of put on hold. So I finally finished The Sacred Journey by Charles Foster.

Reading this book was like swallowing nasty medicine. I know it's good for me, it is beneficial, but boy, is it hard to take. There were so many contradictions, and side notes, and commentary, I scratched my head a lot, and did a lot of flipping pages. I think if you are looking for a different perspective on pilgrimage, this is a good book. If you are looking for a Christian take on what a spiritual journey really is, look somewhere else.

As a recommendation, I would rather let you borrow my copy than tell you to go out and buy your own.

No comments: