About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A finished Mom project

When I received the rest of Mom's knitting and crochet stuff, I found a handwritten pattern for a rosary case. Once I got good at crochet, I decided to make one. Well, I made it, and it actually turned out looking good. I passed it on to my sister, but I am in the process of making a second one for the other sister.

I decided that I want to put this pattern out for everyone to see and use. I don't think Mom would mind. So below is the pattern. Enjoy!!


Rosary Case


Materials:

size 2 or 3 crochet hook
crochet thread, whatever color desired
button
yarn needle
(if you want a liner, you need a small amount of satin or desired fabric and sewing thread in similar or complementary color and a sewing needle)

Pattern:

Chain 23.
Dc 3rd chain from hook. Twenty dc across. (21 total) Chain 3, turn.
Dc 20 across, 21 total.
Do this for 28 rows.
Row 29-chain 4, dc in 3rd space from hook. Dc across until 18 sp, skip sp 19 and 20, dc in last space.
Decrease this way until you reach 4 dc.
Chain 4 for button hole.
Break off.

At this point, if you want to sew a liner in, stitch fabric to the crocheted case.
Fold, join with slip stitch, single chain to edge.
Set the button where you want it, and stitch it in with yarn needle.

And that's it. It took me some frogging to figure out the decreases, but I finally got the hang of it. And I am a newbie when it comes to crocheting.

This can be used for jewelry, rings, change, anything small that you want a holder for.

No comments: