About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Angels, Memories, and Technical Difficulties

Got a new book! I was getting burned out on the self-help/non-fiction, so I picked a fiction book this time. Hopefully, I can do it justice. The title is Angel Song, and it was written by Sheila Walsh and Kathryn Cushman.

I read the back of the book before I dove into it, and right away noticed a typographical error. Normally, I probably would not have minded, but it brings my Mom to mind. The main character's name is Ann, sometimes Annie, but on the back cover, her name is Anne. Same name, different spelling. Slightly irritating, but did not take away from the story.

The struggle Ann faces is one I am familiar with. I, too, have lost a loved one. Although there are different circumstances, the pain and anguish is very much the same. My connection to the main character was almost instant, and very personal.

This book brought back many memories for me. It helped me relive the good times, understand the bad ones a bit better, and love my life all the more for the family, faith, and stories I have to share.

This would have been posted sooner, but we had some issues with our internet and a storm that passed our way. But I'm back now, barring any unforeseen problems.

All in all, this was a very, very good read. The characters were believable and real. The imagery was vivid enough to put me in their homes, in their work, and with them emotionally. I love being able to close my eyes, see the characters and their surroundings, and immerse myself into their world. 

No comments: