About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Learning new things

When I first started teaching myself to knit and crochet, I was content with simple projects that were quick and easy. In fact, the first thing I made was a hat from a book of quick 2-8 hour projects. Of course, it took me about 2 weeks to finish it, but I did it!

Now that I have started going outside my comfort zone, working on projects that challenge me a bit, I have set my sights on some of the more advanced techniques. It feels very...stimulating, refreshing...I can't quite put it into words--when you master a new skill.

There is a special way to start some crochet projects called the Magic Circle. I tried to learn it a few months ago, with no luck. So I have a stack of projects/crafts that I would love to make, but cannot start. So today, I decided to try again. And now I cannot even fathom why I couldn't do it in the first place. All of a sudden it seems so easy to me.

Maybe now I can start some of those projects I have been wanting to. I am hoping that this sudden clarity works in other areas of my life as well. Who knows, this might start a whole new trend.

No comments: