About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cast of Characters

I love Max Lucado. When we lived down in the Valley, I studied a few of his books with my church group. So when I saw this book, I had to have it.

More of the same thing:

On the cover, it says "From the writings of Max Lucado" If you have read any of his other works, do not be surprised to find yourself reading some familiar stories. As irritated as this made me--why should I take up space on my bookshelf for more of the same stories--the way they were combined and presented opened a whole new viewpoint. This was the only fault I found with this book.

As with his other books, the reflection and discussion questions gave me a lot of insight to myself. His easy to read, conversational style of writing makes for a quick read. Get ready to have your bible handy, cross references abound. Just as with his other writings, Mr. Lucado has this great ability to make the people in the bible as familiar to me as my next door neighbor. He also has a great sense of humor. I laughed, I cried, I love this book!!

No comments: