About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Billy Graham

So, he was a little before my time, but I've heard a lot of good things about the Reverend Billy Graham, and I have read a couple of his books, and heard a few of his sermons. When I got my newest book from booksneeze.com, the title (Billy Graham in Quotes) gave me an idea of what to expect, and it sure delivered.

This book is literally hundreds of quotes from Billy's books, sermons, and other writings, all compiled by his son, Franklin, and a colleague, Donna Lee Toney. Each quote is divided into topics--including Addiction, Testimony, Encouragement, and Joy, just to name a few. The first thing you read when you turn to a chapter, is a bible verse that correlates with each topic. Then, a list of quotes that have come from Rev. Graham.

Now, this is not the type of book you sit down and read cover to cover. This is the kind of reference book that goes on your shelf, that you pull out when you need inspiration, guidance, and comfort.

The forward was written by Franklin Graham, and the introduction was written by the Reverend himself. The notes at the back of the book tell you where the quote came from, and can satisfy anyone's curiosity.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for inspiration. I'm sure a high schooler looking for  that perfect quote to go with a book report would be able to find something in this book. I'll give it 5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments: