About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

This is the Week/Month of Illness

Luckily, it is not me, or my kids, mostly extended family, but it still sucks!! First my MIL, then my SIL, then my GIL (Grandma-in-law??) I would say that it must be the water, but none of them live in the same town, so that theory is blown out of the water.

On another note, we are becoming more and more hillbilly, if you can believe it! Currently under construction in the back yard is a 20 foot by 20 foot by 6 foot high....Chicken coop. Soon to house over 40 chickens and 3 turkeys. The gentleman who has them now is a customer of my husbands. Seeing as how he can make instant friends with just about anyone, it did not suprise me when he told me of the gentleman and his predicament, and his chickens.

Apparently, the client is an older gentleman with no children (no living children??), no wife (ex-wife, hasn't spoken to her in decades), and no family left. He's going in for surgery soon, and while he has friends who will come and check up on him, no one seems to be able to care for him and the poultry.

So, since we have always talked about having chickens, my lovely husband told him we'd buy his chickens. He gave us wood for building a coop, and instructions on how to build it, and we are almost done with it. Of course, our decision to use a broke down, empty trailer as a roost for them made our work a little easier.

It seems, with this news, that we will have fresh farm eggs for sale. At least a dozen a day. Too bad I don't like eggs!

PS. On a school related note, I sent in my FAFSA information, so I should hear from the school in the next week or two on how much I get for next semester. Fun Stuff!!

No comments: