About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Christmas in September

I decided to go in a different direction when I chose my last book from booksneeze. I picked a children's book. I will admit, I picked it because the main character's name is Emma.

This picture book is about Emma, and her dog Shu-Shu, who get invited to a birthday party for the King. They bring gifts for the King, but on the way to the castle, they meet people who need the gifts. A cold and hungry child gets a cape and a cake and a small girl gets a teddy bear. When they get to the party, Emma notices that no one is giving a gift to the King. She asks Him why, and He tells her that she knows the true meaning of Christmas.

I read this book to my own Emma, and when I asked her what she liked about the book, she said everything. And that about says it all. The story is one that every child should learn and the artwork is beautiful. This is one of those books that, if I could ever make myself ruin a book, I would cut out the pages and frame them. I will definitely recommend this book to any parent looking to share the true meaning of Christmas to their children.

At the end of the book, it encourages you to go to www.TheKingsAdventure.com to learn different ways to help people in need. As of right now, the website is not ready, but I will keep checking back.

No comments: