About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One step forward, Two steps back.

This adage can apply to a lot of things. We got a new puppy, Daisy, who likes to chew things. Well, she likes to chew everything but her toys. Just when I think she's broken the habit, I end up chasing her around the back yard, trying to get my slipper back.

Grief is like that too. One minute, I'm doing ok, living my life, the next minute I hear a song, and I lose it. I know Mom's in a better place. I know she's up there playing cards, praising God, and sharing stories, but I am selfish. I want her to do those things with me. I just watched a movie called Dim Sum Funeral. It's about a Chinese family coming together when their mother dies. The grief that they struggled with I know all to well. And here comes a spoiler. The mom was playing a trick on the kids, she was still alive, she just wanted to bring them closer together. Not surprisingly, the children are upset, but eventually they come to realize why their mom did it. When their mom walked into the room, my first thought was how jealous I was. Why couldn't my Mom come back?

No comments: