About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Chaos

Things have been so busy and hectic, and I was stuck in limbo for a while, but things have *kinda* slowed down.
So I was all excited about being hired by hubby's company. It seemed a done deal, they interviewed me, told me to come in for training, then they decide to go with a girl who used to work there that is already trained. WTH??
They still want me to train in the next few weeks so I can cover when the new girl is out or something, but I totally rearranged my school schedule and arranged for a sitter because I thought I was going to be working. So, I spent this morning looking in the classifieds.
Being as we live in a small town, there's not a lot of options available, but I did send out 4 copies of my resume, and I'm going to fill out an application after my class today.
Hubby and I aren't pissed or anything. I can understand their want of someone already trained. And the work is good for him. I just think they weren't very professional in not telling me they were talking to someone else. Oh well, I guess I wasn't meant to work for them just yet.
I think this means I'll get a job with benefits, so I can get myself and the kids a check-up.

No comments: