About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kinda disappointed...

A new pizza place opened up near the kids bus stop. The week they opened, Mike had monday off, so we decided to check it out. With all the balloons and grand opening signs, we were suprised to see the closed sign on the door. Apparently they had thier grand opening that Sunday, but are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Not sure why the balloons and stuff were still up, but whatever....

So today, I decided to make pizza for lunch after church. As we drove past, I had a flash of inspiration, and we stopped in. The sign said open at noon, and it was 12:45. Now, I know that making pizza takes a while, so I was willing to hang out for an hour or so, until the owner said that the oven hadn't been turned on yet, and it may take up to 2 hours before the pizza was ready. WHAT? So we chose hot dogs for the kids, and I picked thier Sunday Special, a grilled chicken sandwich.

Got home, and the kids food was good apparently, because it was gone in less than 2 minutes. My sandwich, however, had almost no flavor. I had to fix it up with my own special ingredients. We'll have to try the pizza one day, hopefully it will be a better experience than the past two we have had.

On another note, I brought my camera with me to church today, and was able to take some pics. I hope they turn out ok!!

No comments: