About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cameras, Headaches, Assemblies, and Losing your Mother

Last nights photo class was about all the different cameras. Starting back in the 1800's. Our instructor has a bunch of different ones, that we can check out and use. Frickin' AWESOME!!







This one is a 4x5, so named because of the size of the film you use to take pictures (http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/4x5.htm)





This one is a pinhole camera. Simple construction, easy to use, easy to carry. ( http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/education/lessonPlans/pinholeCamera/pinholeCanBox.shtml)





This one is my favorite... This one uses 120 film. I think I like it so much because it's one used in the movie A Will of Thier Own, one of my favorite movies. (http://www.keaggy.com/cameras/)


So after he showed us all the different cameras, he took a look at the cameras I have. One is my in-laws that got left behind when they split. The other was my parents that they bought in Germany years ago. Both of them need to be cleaned. The downside of living in a small town is that if you need something special done, such as a sewing machine repaired, or a camera repaired, you have to drive 200 miles to anywhere that has someone who has the skills to do something like that. And pay for it too.

While I was looking forward to using my own cameras to take the photographs I am required to develop for the class, it looks like I'll be borrowing more than just the 'special' ones.

BTW, I went to my English class today, and have to write an essay in the next week comparing either 2 photos or 2 poems.
Yeah homework!!



PS, see the Jan 27th post (to come) for the headache, assembly, and Losing your Mother part.. sorry, I forgot about that part.

No comments: