About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Yesterday's class- English

Actually Composition 101. My teacher is awesome! He's been teaching for 50 years, and he started teaching when he was 28 (do the math, people, he's 78!) It's my only lecture class, and my biggest one -about 20 students. Probably because it's a general requirement.
This is his first year either teaching at my school, or teaching this class at my school, not really sure which. The syllabus he was using was given to him by the head of the English department, and apparently, my instructor hadn't had time to look through it, because he kept telling us to scratch things out, ignore things, add things etc.
Well, I don't have classes today, this is my day at the coffee shop- now I can do homework there instead of just reading the paper. And there's even a big table I can spread out at and no one bothers me. Still trying to get other mom's to join me, and maybe I'll leave the homework at home, but for now it's nice.

No comments: