About Me

My photo
I have been a stay at home mom since Oct 31st 2006. My children started school in 2008, so I decided it was time for me to go back, too. I have been a full time student for over two years now, and it seems like I am learning about more than just my schoolwork.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

School of a different Kind

I have been experimenting with churches in our area. I got spoiled at my home church down in Phoenix, and haven't been able to find one up here that I like. There is a church literally right across the street from our house. I'd been to nervous to check it out for the longest time, but finally went for it a few weeks ago.
At first, I was really into it. They played great music and seemed very Christ-centered. And there was no real sermon-just a conversation on the Bible verses being discussed.
Which brings me to the school part of it. There's a handout and an outline that goes along with the Bible verses at this church.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. If I wanted an outline on points in the Bible, I'd go to Theology class. But then one of the reasons you go to church is to learn about the Bible.
I have already decided that this church is not the one for me. It may be for others, but not for me or my family. Hopefully one of these days, I'll find another home church.

No comments: